[android] Building Android from the Koolu Source

Jim Ancona jim at anconafamily.com
Fri Dec 5 03:43:11 CET 2008

I've been able to successfully build an Android rootfs from the Koolu
repository. When flashed to my phone with the kernel that Sean provided,
it runs with just about the same set of issues as the images that Sean
has put up.

I've documented how I did it on the wiki at:

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Android#Building_the_Koolu_Android_Source

Thanks to the folks at Koolu for hosting the repository, and to Sean
McNeil, Brian Code and others who have contributed to the port! Now that
it's available and buildable, I hope we in the community can start
contributing to their excellent work!

While I'm sending this message to both the Community and Development
lists, please send follow-ups to the development list
(devel at lists.openmoko.org) only! I'll be happy to answer questions or
clarify anything I can.

Jim