Android image and some instructions

Dave Arnold darnold at futurec.net
Fri Dec 5 18:49:23 CET 2008

Dave Arnold wrote:

> Andy Green wrote:

> I changed the u-boot environment as Andy recommended, but now my
> Freerunner won't boot.  I get a fast flashing red LED.  I don't know what
> to do now.  I'm thinking about installing Qi instead, but I don't know
> which binary of Qi to download.  Any suggestions would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Dave

More info--when I set the uboot env like this:

> setenv bootcmd setenv bootargs \${bootargs_base} \${mtdparts}\; nand
> read.e 0x32000000 kernel 0x300000 \; bootm 0x32000000
> saveenv

I get the fast flashing red LED.

When I set it like this:

> setenv bootcmd setenv bootargs \${bootargs_base} \${mtdparts}\; nand
> read.e 0x32000000 kernel \; bootm 0x32000000
> saveenv

I can boot Andoid again.  The only difference is the 0x300000 after kernel
in the failed environment.  I'm trying to increase the size of the kernel
area so I can flash Sean's latest kernel image.

Dave