qemu troubles

Visti Andresen talpa at talpa.dk
Mon Dec 8 10:46:00 CET 2008

On Sun, 7 Dec 2008 23:50:37 +0100
Boštjan Jerko <mlist at japina.eu> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I've installed qemu on Ubuntu and it starts ok (with kernel and

Installed as in:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Qemu#Manual_setup

Not just installed the Ubuntu version?

> rootfs from http://downloads.openmoko.org/daily/testing/).
> The problem is that the kernel isn't started when I start boot. It
> just returns to the menu.

Sounds like UBoot can't find the flash partition containing the kernel?
Did you flash it using 'openmoko/flash.sh'.

Also I experienced some issues like you described some time ago, it was
eventually found to be fixable using an older version of uboot.
Perhaps this issue still exists?

> And another thing - can I also install debian/fso on emulator? I'd
> like to do some development in that environment.

It should be quite possible to install Debian on the emulator, must
admit I have not tried it.

> Boštjan

Visti Andresen