Messing About with Glamo's 3D Engine

Andreas Pokorny andreas.pokorny at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 16:00:22 CET 2008

Hi,

2008/12/9 Graeme Gregory <graeme at openmoko.org>:
> On Mon, 2008-12-08 at 21:10 +0000, Thomas White wrote:
>> A practical DRM module will look very different indeed, but I thought
>> I'd publish this early to hopefully inspire some of the people who were
>> initially keen on this project to join in, and to get some extra pairs
>> of eyes on the way I'm manipulating the hardware.
>>
> Excellent progress.
>
> I have started to investigate using kernel mode switching for the glamo
> as I believe that is built on top of the DRM subsystem. I haven't got
> very far into looking into it yet. But it looks like this would be a
> good way to make everything consistent (fbdev/xorg/mesa).

I do not have much progress to report. I now have a test image on a
SD card to make experiments with drm and a new still quite empty
module for glamo. We have to make modifications to drm and bypass
all pci related code. Since I also have a checkout of drm/dri/mesa from
freedesktop.org for the nouveau driver, I discovered that the drm
module also differs in many parts to what is currently found in andy-tracking.

kind regards
Andreas Pokorny