[Full test report of Om2008.testing(Om2008.12.2)] part2

John Lee john_lee at openmoko.org
Sun Dec 14 14:53:24 CET 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 06:20:51PM +0800, Wendy wrote:

> Compared to Om2008.9 is just a little bit better because we focused on several
> bugs that can make the whole system move more smoothy. Like scrolling,
> boot time, several small things. BUT, the critical bugs still there.
>
> list
> #69 Speed up System Initialization
> #1255  No indication of battery charging when power is off
> #1482  [oe]AUX bottom doesn't shine red light while charging
> #1621  it will show white screen when press power button from suspend time(it
> only happens specific phone(no.51)) ------ WSOD
> #1662  [GSM] not working properly after x hours of usage
> #1832  2008.8 cannot dial *123
> #1841 white screen of death (WSOD) after resume
> #1858  [E-illume] "Installer" appear instead of softmenu in contacts and
> Messages
> #1884  [suspend/resume] if press power batton right after suspend, the device
> won't wake up
> #1906  [qtopia] Duplicate SMS in inbox
>

> We believe that an end user would not accept the above exceptions in a
> product.

Thanks for the hard work.  I have a few comments:

I believe it's agreed we only focus on a few core issues selected by
the testing team in this 'release'.  The list could be retrived by
using keyword Om2008.11.  If I query trac with this now:

http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/query?status=accepted&status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&order=priority&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=owner&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&keywords=~Om2008.11

You can get this list of open tickets:

#1255 No indication of battery charging when power is off
#1662 [GSM] not working properly after x hours of usage
#69   Speed up System Initialization
#1482 [oe]AUX bottom doesn't shine red light while charging
#1884 [suspend/resume] if press power batton right after suspend, the
       device won't wake up
#1803 Installer reports all package Download size as 0 bytes

It's quite different from the list above, plus #1884 and #1482 are
known to be solved in andy-tracking, and #69 is just there for easy
tracking because we haven't reach 30 secs yet.

I believe the list in the full test report is meant to address the
issues that are important to an end user, not a list of what should
have been fixed in testing but the developers failed to achieve.  But
in order to get there, we need to split it into smaller steps, and we
don't move the target around when people working on it.

I'm one of the developers who spent many sleepless night in the office
working on these issues.  I feel a little uneasy when I saw the
sentence "BUT, the critical bugs still there. " and a list that I've
never seen before.

Regards,
John