Release hopes

Minh Ha Duong haduong at centre-cired.fr
Mon Dec 15 11:36:34 CET 2008

Dear Openmoko officers,

  This is an open letter to share with you my hopes that 2008 testing will be
someday released as a minor update to 2008.9.  I am not feeling comfortable
with the present situation as an ending to the ASU narrative.

  Of course mostly everything is at an evolutionary end in this image and the
system is not grandma ready. But from my perspective, the only thing that
matters for such a minor release is that there are no regressions compared to
2008.9, and it is way faster. Seen from the outside, I wonder what the
release effort could be, besides tagging and uploading to the directory.

Cordially yours,
Minh