how to measure consumption during suspend?

Timo Juhani Lindfors timo.lindfors at iki.fi
Wed Dec 17 09:48:42 CET 2008

Hi,

what's the recommended way to measure consumption during suspend? I
currently log /sys/class/power_supply/battery/capacity before and
after suspend and get that it goes down about three percentage units
per hour. However, since capacity is an integer between 0 and 100 this
does not give very accurate results for short suspend periods. Is
there something better I should be looking into?

I looked at the source and capacity seems to come directly from some

regs.rsoc  = (di->pdata->hdq_read)(BQ27000_RSOC);

which is /* Relative State of Charge */. I also found

BQ27000_NAC_L, /* Nominal Available Capacity H L */
BQ27000_SAE_L, /* Available Energy H L */
BQ27000_CSOC, /* Compensated State Of Charge */

but they don't seem to be used by the C code anywhere.

best regards,
Timo Lindfors