How do I make Xglamo read directly from the touchscreen?

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Sat Dec 27 03:05:27 CET 2008

Nelson Castillo wrote:
> A feature I would say :-)  This is even better than what we have in the
> stable kernel because we discard noise. Sometimes the last few events
> get discarded because they do not provide reliable data, for instance
> because not much pressure is applied.

Discarding bogus data is obviously a good thing. I was more curious
about why you collect enough data to start the filter and only then
check if you're going to throw it all away anyhow. This may not make
much of a difference in terms of performance, but the way you
described it, this sounded like a feature.

By the way, is tslib obliged to deliver a point for each incoming
event ? If not, then it could do the same kind of discarding of bad
events, couldn't it ?

- Werner