Unable to modify U-boot splash

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Sat Dec 27 04:13:11 CET 2008

ramsarvan wrote:
> Used the perl script you mentioned and I am now getting the same 17216
> bytes after compression.

Much better ! ;-)

> But still I am not getting the splash image and I m seeing the words
> poweroff at the top left corner.

Seems that you're still using the GTA01 framebuffer address, but since
you mention NOR, you appear to have a GTA02. The command should thus
be

setenv splashimage nand read.e 0x32000000 splash 0x4340\;
  unzip 0x32000000 0x8800000 0x96000

Also, you don't have to boot from NOR. In many ways, this will only
complicate things if all you want is to change the environment,
because the NOR provides its own environment.

The "poweroff" means that u-boot decided to power off, e.g., because
you released POWER early.

- Werner