Detecting „own“ number

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Tue Jul 15 01:25:46 CEST 2008

Am Dienstag 15 Juli 2008 01:14:23 schrieb Joachim Breitner:
> when using my SIM card in my Siemens S35, I have a special Phonebook
> called “My Numbers” where I saved, in that order, my mobile and my “home
> zone” number.
>
> Using this SIM card in my Freerunner, I was surprised to see my “home
> zone” number as the sender or recipient of SMSs. Further debugging lead
> that this command:
>
>  dbus-send  --print-reply --dest=org.openmoko.PhoneKit
> /org/openmoko/PhoneKit/Network
> org.openmoko.PhoneKit.Network.GetSubscriberNumber
>
> will tell you the Freerunner’s idea of it’s “own” phone number, and
> changing the entries to some bogus values using the Siemens phone, I can
> change that as well.
>
> Are we using the right way to detect our own number here?

Yes, we are (AT+CNUM?), however if your SIM card has multiple numbers stored
on it, we need heuristics to find out which is the right one. I don't know
whether phonekit does that.

I need to implement this for ogsmd anyways, can you give me your output of
AT+CNUM? (feel free to insert some 'xxx' inside the number string, if you
want to protect your numbers).

--
:M: