Developer's personal GIT repositories, advice on finegrained Git permissions anyone?

Joachim Steiger roh at openmoko.org
Mon Jul 21 22:01:57 CEST 2008

Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have put my copy of the openmoko git repository on
> http://git.nomeata.de/?p=openmoko.git;a=summary
> with that patches that I have submitted and are not yet applied, or that
> I wrote for personal use but that might be interesting for others as
> well.
>
> Do other people here have their repositories available as well? Should
> we collect these on the wiki somewhere?
>
> Greetings,
> Joachim

i think some people have. the om developers are mostly working on
brances of git.openmoko.org as far as i can see.
'private stuff' like hacks or collection of assorted things developers
hacked for themselves, but not necessarily polished one can find in
http://svn.openmoko.org/developers (also see
http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/browser/developers/ for a nicer web-view)

but yes. if there is no such wikipage yet, make one.
there is for sure reason to collect that information in one central
place. (who has which repos where, why and with what in it)
this also includes the openmoko repos..(svn,git) i couldnt find a
matching wikipage myself on a quick search, but that needs to be
properly documented.

if someone could advice in a sane way of having finegraned permissions
for a git server as we run it (one vm, multiple repos behind one git-daemon)

then we could also discuss hosting git trees for the community.
currently we only provide svn (and cvs if it needs to be) for anyone who
wants a repo for a project and doesn't have the resources to host it
himself.

--

Joachim Steiger
Openmoko Central Services