GSoC OpenMoko Bluetooth remote controller - report 4

Daniel Willmann daniel at openmoko.org
Fri Jul 25 14:16:02 CEST 2008

Hey,

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 12:46:06 +0100
"Valerio Valerio" <vdv100 at gmail.com> wrote:

> here are my progress in the GSoC project:
>
> - finished my bluetooth deamon;
> - wrote some communication routines to access the deamon from any
> programing language with unix socket capabilities;
> - wrote a communication routine in python;
> - put everything to work in the Neo
> - I started learning  EFL;
> - wrote a small test gui with edje and evas;
> - wrote and calibrate mouse events (movement, button left and right,
> movement+ button left);

good work so far.

> Right now I need some ideas for the mouse UI :)
> I have a small draft with my ideas in :
> http://www.valeriovalerio.org/images/remoko_mouseUI_draft.jpg (this
> is just a draft, a very ugly one, the forms and colors are
> occasionally selected). I appreciate some ideas .

I that layout is fine for me. Maybe you can make one for landscape mode
(and have the buttons on the right side or something like that) too,
but this already feels quite usable. Maybe a single click in the
touchscreen area could also just translate to a left click like
touchpads usually do.

> Soon I will release a test package of my application.

I just tried it out and I must say I like it. :-)
It's real fun controlling the mouse on my laptop from the Neo. Keep up
the good work.

Regards,
Daniel Willmann