Build using wiki/Toolchain instructions failing...

mak163 michael.docholiday at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 16:17:37 CEST 2008

I am also having an issue with building the openmoko kernel source using the
toolchain downloaded from  http://downloads.openmoko.org/toolchains/.  I
follow the instructions from http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Toolchain, but
when I get to the ./build step from within the kernel source directory i get
the following error:

/bin/sh:  ../../cross/bin/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc:  No such file or
directory
make[2]: *** [scripts/mod/empty.o] Error 1

The pre-compiled toolchain is unpackaged at /usr/local/openmoko and the
kernel source is located at /home/mak163/moko/sources/linux-2.6 downloaded
using the git tree as described in the wiki.  I am compiling on an Ubuntu
8.04 system.

Thank you in advance for any help you could provide.
Michael King