Introducing ogpsd

Daniel Willmann daniel at openmoko.org
Sun Jul 27 15:00:16 CEST 2008

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 14:16:58 +0200
Marcel <tanuva at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Am Sonntag 27 Juli 2008 03:05:40 schrieb Daniel Willmann:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'd like to point your attention today to a project I've been
> > working on for some time now. ogpsd is the part responsible for
> > managing GPS functionality in the fso framework.
[...]
> Is ogpsd already in the repository? I just updated/upgraded my fso
> install, but there's no ogpsd available in the repository. Does that
> mean I have to flash a new fso image?

It's just a subsystem of the frameworkd and recent builds should have
it.
If zhone has the map screen (button on the lower right) then ogpsd
should also be there and work.
You can also check with mdbus on the neo if the interfaces are there.

root at om-gta02:~# mdbus -s
org.freesmartphone.ogpsd /org/freedesktop/Gypsy [METHOD]
org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable.Introspect() [METHOD]
org.freedesktop.Gypsy.Satellite.GetSatellites() [SIGNAL]
org.freedesktop.Gypsy.Satellite.SatellitesChanged( a(ubuuu):satellites )
[METHOD]    org.freedesktop.Gypsy.Device.GetFixStatus() [SIGNAL]
org.freedesktop.Gypsy.Device.FixStatusChanged( i:fixstatus )
[METHOD]    org.freedesktop.Gypsy.Course.GetCourse() [SIGNAL]
org.freedesktop.Gypsy.Course.CourseChanged( i:fields, i:tstamp,
d:speed, d:heading, d:climb ) [METHOD]
org.freesmartphone.GPS.GetTime() [METHOD]
org.freesmartphone.GPS.SetPower( b:power ) [SIGNAL]
org.freesmartphone.GPS.TimeChanged( i:fields, i:year, i:month, i:day,
i:hour, i:min, i:sec ) [METHOD]
org.freedesktop.Gypsy.Position.GetPosition() [SIGNAL]
org.freedesktop.Gypsy.Position.PositionChanged( i:fields, i:tstamp,
d:lat, d:lon, d:alt ) [METHOD]
org.freedesktop.Gypsy.Accuracy.GetAccuracy() [SIGNAL]
org.freedesktop.Gypsy.Accuracy.AccuracyChanged( i:fields, d:pdop,
d:hdop, d:vdop )

Regards,
Daniel Willmann