mokomakefile local.conf setting?

Jim Morris ml at e4net.com
Tue Jul 29 21:44:44 CEST 2008

Rod Whitby wrote:

> MokoMakefile (MM) is simply a convenience wrapper around the Openmoko
> (OM) fork of OpenEmbedded (OE) which sets up your OE environment in a
> standard reproducible manner and runs Bitbake (BB) with specific
> arguments matching commonly requested build actions.
>
> So if MM is able to complete the build of an OM image for you, then
> you've already used OE to BB thousands of recipes.

Thats what I thought, but the OM branch of OE must have fixed some bugs that are in OE proper,
because when trying to get OE to build I run into the same bugs over and over, I have seen others
report those bugs but never get any answers.

There is a bug where they use dir to count the number of files but use the wrong number to check
with, I patched that, the current bug I haven't been able to fix is one where it reports

install: cannot stat `libfl.a': No such file or directory

when trying to build flex-native. I have seen that reported but no workarounds given.

I didn't run into any of these problems with MM, so I guess they were either fixed or worked around.

Do those ring any bells?

Thanks

--
Jim Morris, http://blog.wolfman.com