daily-feed vs. SRCREV

Holger Freyther zecke at openmoko.org
Wed Jul 30 13:08:54 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 30 July 2008 02:23:04 Rod Whitby wrote:

> Why they do that, which is effectively pushing completely untested
> builds onto thousands of end-users, is beyond my understanding.

For the ASU branch we do the following:
	- org.openmoko.asu.{dev,stable} is supposed to build without internet (which
means we never use autorev)

	- Dev's can use autorev on their local machines or do the development the way
they want to.

	- Dev's can upgrade SRCREV's in asu.dev themselves or poke anyone to upgrade
(see the mails on this topic), they will go to "stable" after limited testing
during development. After the release we might introduce a "future
updates"/testing feed.... to further increase stability

For the real .dev it is a tricky question what to do there. On one hand it is
supposed to have the latest and newest things as it is for development... I
have no idea what the best approach would look like.

z.

PS: It get's funny when people try to "downgrade" from the org.openmoko.dev
branch to org.openmoko.asu.dev...