alsacontrol / mixer applet

Russell Sears sears at cs.berkeley.edu
Thu Jul 31 02:23:11 CEST 2008

I'm trying to weed out some of mediaplayer's performance killers, and
volume control is on my list of stuff to look into.  I think it might be
doing software volume control right now.

It would be great if there was some sort of daemon / library that got
this stuff right and updated the *.state files depending on what the
current profile is.  Then mediaplayer could talk to it instead of doing
software mixing.  It could even update its volume slider as appropriate.

-Rusty