oprofile?

John Lee john_lee at openmoko.com
Thu Jul 31 21:11:00 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 11:06:21AM -0700, Russell Sears wrote:
> What's the status of bug #674?  I know there are bigger fish to fry, but
> I'd like to run oprofile against pulseaudio and gstreamer to figure out
> where all the time is going...
>
> http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/674
>
> Is the andy branch of git something I can subject my phone to, or is it
> going to cause all sorts of breakage?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Rusty

I happened to try this today, but it's not so easy.  it used to work
but not anymore.

0. first of all you have to enable oprofile in kernel config and
install your own build

1. oprofile 0.9.3 does not work, so i need to put 0.9.4 in OE

2. log was filled with
   oprofiled: open of xxx failed: Invalid argument

   so now i'm trying to run gdbserver to figure what's wrong

anyway once it's up and running I will commit the necessary changes.

- John