CPU intensive touch-pad on the OpenMoko

Anton Persson don.juanton at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 22:00:29 CET 2008

Hi,

it seems that using the touchpad causes alot of cpu usage. I have an
application
which reports mouse movement events to a function. So I have this area
where I can press and drag around the pointer with the stylus. Whenever I do
that the CPU %sy utilization in top goes up to 50%-60%.. Shouldn't we be
able to expect that we get more time for userspace than for the kernel
if we just move the pointer around? 50-60% seems extremely absurd...

PS if you want to test what I mean, download and install my application
from:
http://www.733kru.org/~pltxtra/OpenMoko/

  Best regards
    Anton