Android image and some instructions

Sean McNeil sean at mcneil.com
Thu Nov 6 11:11:15 CET 2008

Andy Green wrote:

> |     * Do you have those needed kernel patches around ? Although I don't
> have a debug board I think I might have some spare time to try "fixing"
> the resume issue,
> | even if it means merging other people (Andy,...) patches.
>
> If I understood it the current android image is with 2.6.26 kernel,
> stable-tracking is up at 2.6.28-rc2 and has much better resume
> performance except for a WSOD issue.  So if you spend any time on
> looking at resume, definitely use stable-tracking branch.

Yes, nearly everything required for Android is now included into the
kernel in the git tree. You should be able to use stable-tracking with
the exception of needing to change the name of the battery device from
"bat" to "battery".

I also have a hack to allow double usage of the power button. This isn't
really an acceptable solution for the long term.

Sean