[FSO] Dbus, AT RAW access

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Tue Nov 11 19:01:00 CET 2008

Hi Phil,
> [...]
> So as the detection for homezone allready implemented to FSO (and seems
> to work) i just write a gadget and get my workaround working with DBUS :)

If all you want is homezone support, everything has been implemented for you
already (*). Take a look at
 http://docs.freesmartphone.org/org.freesmartphone.GSM.CB.html and
 http://docs.freesmartphone.org/org.freesmartphone.GSM.HZ.html -- just
subscribe to the homezone channel (221 IIRC) and then listen to the homezone
signal which will tell you whether you are in the homezone or not.

(*) You need to apply the attached patch to the frameworkd, since I had to
disable %CBHZ=1 as per http://trac.freesmartphone.org/ticket/151 -- still
working on a proper solution for that (probably an extra call
like 'EnableHomeZoneSupport' and then for Calypso disabling CBHZ in-call).

This should solve your problem, but the records, here are the answers to your
remaining questions:

> - i only found a dbus function to enable the storage of sms not
> cellbroadcasts

Calypso doesn't support storing the CB.

> - i can't find a dbus signal which gives me the info after i switch the
> celltower (even getStatus don't return lac and cellid)

lac and cid only come unsolicited, there's no way to query them explicitly. If
you think we should cache them for subsequent GetStatus() calls, please open
a ticket.

> - alternative i can't find a function to manually send AT command over
> dbus.

There's org.freesmartphone.GSM.DebugSendCommand( command ), but this is
undocumented and will be removed.

Hope that helps,

:M: