Calypso firmware update (work in progress), fix for #666 '3G-SIM not recognized'

Mike (mwester) mwester at dls.net
Tue Nov 18 16:14:03 CET 2008

Boštjan Jerko wrote:

> On 18.11.2008, at 16:03, Hypnotize wrote:
>
>> have you remembered to start the gsm modem again?
>> type
>> s3c24xx-gpio b7=1
>> in a terminal window when fluid is running if i remember correct or
>> you can just follow this page:
>> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/GSM/Flashing to be sure that it is
>> correct!:)
>>
>> -Morten
>

> I did. But nothing. After few restarts - still the same.
> It worked on moko9 upgrade.

Note that restarts or even power-off will not necessarily remove power
from the GSM.  I found it necessary to actually remove the battery for a
short time to force the GSM out of whatever bad state it had gotten
into.  Then take care to ensure that nothing touches the GSM on startup.
Then start fluid.exe, and then start the GSM.

Mike (mwester)