Call from command line (on FSO)

Sten Kvamme sten at kvamme.se
Fri Nov 21 19:54:50 CET 2008

On ons, 2008-11-19 at 00:39 +0100, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
> Am Tuesday 18 November 2008 21:42:16 schrieb Sten Kvamme:
> > I tried to call out from the command line (FSO4) but don't make it. Did
> > I forget something?
> >
> > mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.ogsmd \
> >   /org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device \
> >   org.freesmartphone.Resource.Enable
>
> This will not work, since mdbus will register to the bus and vanish right
> afterwards, meaning the resource will be released immediately (if noone else
> has requested it). Try setting the policy to always-enabled.
>
> > mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.ogsmd \
> >   /org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device \
> > org.freesmartphone.GSM.Device.SetAntennaPower boolean:true
>
> This is the wrong syntax, s/boolean:true/True/
>
> > mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.ogsmd \
> >   /org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device \
> >   org.freesmartphone.GSM.Network.Register
>
> Should be ok.
>

> > mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.ogsmd \
> >   /org/freesmartphone/Phone \
> >   org.freesmartphone.Phone.CreateCall \
> >   string:0123456789 string:GSM boolean:true
>
> Syntax is wrong (see above), but should work -- although I'd rather use the
> ogsmd subsystem here, in which case it would be:
>
> mdbus -s -org.freesmartphone.ogsmd \
>   /org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device \
>   org.freesmartphone.GSM.Initiate "+49123456789" "voice"

Hi, thanks for reply.

Sorry for mixing up mdbus and dbus-send syntax. I'm using mdbus to learn
dbus messages, and uses dbus-send in my erlang calls to save cpu cycles.

I managed to dial from the command line this way:

/usr/bin/dbus-send --system --print-reply
--dest=org.freesmartphone.ogsmd /org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device
org.freesmartphone.GSM.SIM.SendAuthCode string:9044

/usr/bin/dbus-send --system --print-reply
--dest=org.freesmartphone.ogsmd /org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device
org.freesmartphone.GSM.Device.SetAntennaPower boolean:true

/usr/bin/dbus-send --system --print-reply
--dest=org.freesmartphone.ogsmd /org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device
org.freesmartphone.GSM.Call.Initiate
string:0123456789 string:voice

And hang-up is

/usr/bin/dbus-send --system --print-reply
--dest=org.freesmartphone.ogsmd /org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device
org.freesmartphone.GSM.Call.ReleaseAll

I did not have to use org.freesmartphone.Resource.Enable or
org.freesmartphone.GSM.Network.Register

Is it still something I don't know I don't know here?

BR,
Sten Kvamme