Volume controls

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Sun Nov 23 20:19:42 CET 2008

Am Sunday 23 November 2008 18:51:28 schrieb Dieter Spaar:
> Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:

> >> Can we also have a way to check the echo suppression status please?
> >
> > I agree, a query command for that would be helpful.
> > Dieter?
>
> OK, I will see what can be done and add it to the todo-list for "moko11".

Thanks.

> BTW, anyone already checked if the echo cancellation command ("AT%Nxx")
> really does something useful ?

Oh they do. The change is audible. It's still no clear which of the settings
provide the best compromise though. I have studied said part of the code, but
I'm wondering whether you can toggle echo cancellation and noise reduction
completely independent or whether one category of these commands always turn
off the other category and whether N0187 is the only one that toggles both
ON, e.g. it's unclear whether you can set both to ON but with varying
reduction (-6,-12,-18). What do you think?

--
:M: