Native apps on Android FreeRunner

Jean-Michel Bouffard jean-michel.bouffard at crc.ca
Wed Nov 26 17:34:39 CET 2008

Hi,
I don't know if I'm on the right list but I'm trying to build native
applications for Android on the FreeRunner.
I found a procedure and it works for the hello world example but I
wanted to build busybox to get a little more control from the shell in
Android but the resulting binary is not working on the phone.
This is the procedure I followed:
http://honeypod.blogspot.com/2007/12/dynamically-linked-hello-world-for.html

I took the busybox package from the OpenEmbedded distribution for the
FreeRunner and I built it manually adding the linker flags from the
procedure just mentioned. The build completes but when running the
binary file on the phone I get an "Illegal Instructions" error.

Could someone tell me if it this was already done? and if some more
information is available?

Thanks

--
Jean-Michel