Qtopia on X11 Questions

Dave Arnold darnold at futurec.net
Thu Oct 2 21:16:26 CEST 2008

Greetings all,

I am getting started with Qtopia on X11 for the Neo Freerunner.  I have
followed the instructions described at
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Qtopia_on_X11, however, when I launch qpe from
ubuntu I am not getting what I expected.

I was expecting to see an emulation of Qtopia with a standard homescreen
showing all the main application icons, etc.  What I got in the Xephyr
window was a very basic screen showing only a simple qwerty keyboard.  I can
use phonesim to place a call and I can see the call in the Xephyr window.
Am I doing something wrong?  How can I get the other apps (such as clock and
calculator) to show up along with the standard icons.  Below is the script I
am using to launch Qtopia.

Thank you very much,

Dave

Here's the script:

export USER=darnold

export HOME=/home/$USER

export QPE_ROOT=$HOME/QtopiaX11/qtopia

export QPE_BUILD_DIR=$HOME/QtopiaX11/build-dir

export QPEDIR=$QPE_BUILD_DIR/image

export QTDIR=$QPEDIR

export PATH=$QPEDIR/bin:$PATH

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QPEDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

export QWS_MOUSE_PROTO="tslib"

export QWS_KEYBOARD="ficgta01kbdhandler"

export QTOPIA_PHONE_VENDIR=ficgta01

export QWS_SIZE="480x640"

export QWS_DISPLAY=LinuxFb:mmWidth44:mmHeight58:0

export TSLIB_TSDEVICE=/dev/input/event1

export QTOPIA_PHONE_DEVICE=sim:localhost

$QPE_BUILD_DIR/bin/phonesim -gui $QPE_ROOT/src/tools/phonesim/troll.xml&

Xephyr -screen 480x640 -dpi 300 -ac :44 &

export DISPLAY=:44

metacity&

xmodmap -e "keycode 180 = 0x11000601"

.remaining xmodmap deleted for clarification.

$QPEDIR/bin/qpe

Dave Arnold

Software Engineer

(909) 593-6705 x2009

www.futureconcepts.net

cid:part1.08030509.08050604 at antelope.futurec.net

This communication constitutes an electronic communication within the meaning of the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 USC 2510, and its disclosure is strictly limited to the recipient intended by the sender of this message. This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are proprietary and intended for the sole use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. They are not to be viewed, shared, copied or forwarded, regardless to whom, without the expressed permission of Future Concepts I.S., Inc. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and immediately delete it from your system. Thank you.