omview & community repository

Edgar D' Souza edgar.b.dsouza at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 06:48:48 CEST 2008

Hello, Tick,
Thanks very much for that information!
I am interested in trying to get OE on my system as per
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/MokoMakeFile and your interesting
write-up. However, I am on a data-transfer-capped ADSL connection and
am worried about exceeding the cap (it is quite expensive). The need
for 20Gb+ is scary :-) so could you please give me an idea of roughly
how much download is required to get OE and OM on the system (before
starting building it)? Perhaps the folder size before doing the build?
Thanks in advance
Ed.

On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 9:10 AM, Tick Chen <tick at openmoko.com> wrote:
> For application developers who just want to create their own
> applications, we will suggest using meta-toolchain only.
>
> But if you are very interesting in hacking the whole system or want to
> provide bb files, we may need to play with OE for a while. ;-)
>
> For OE stuff,
> you can do this.
> make sure you have 20Gb+ disk space, and a fast
> computer, with ubuntu or debian (I only tested these two.)
> $ cd ~/;mkdir moko;cd moko;
[...]