Moving Unstable to OE

Graeme Gregory graeme at openmoko.org
Tue Oct 7 15:10:59 CEST 2008

Ok, one of the things that seems to have come about while I was away on
holiday was to move unstable development of OM back to OE.

There are three issues preventing this.

1) Mainline bitbake does not have the git SRCREV handling required for
OM builds.

2) Mainline OE does not have the SRCPV handling from OM to make git
srcrevs always work right.

3) We have a disagreement with OE about the PV of some packages. In OM
we incremented PE and corrected the PV back to the policy. But the PV
mixing with PR still occurs in OE mainline.

I think the right people to discuss these issues are all on this list.
So what do we do?

Graeme