Openmoko Bug #2067: qtopia-phone-x11 overwrites (important) configuration files on package update

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at docs.openmoko.org
Thu Oct 9 17:37:09 CEST 2008

#2067: qtopia-phone-x11 overwrites (important) configuration files on package
update
 Reporter:  kavol    |          Owner:  openmoko-devel
     Type:  defect   |         Status:  new
Component:  unknown  |        Version:  Om2008.8
 Severity:  normal   |       Keywords:
Blockedby:           |   Reproducible:  always
 Blocking:           |
 Hi.

 I tried to switch off qtopia indexing for the SD card, as I store map
 tiles for TangoGPS there, and the indexing is a great waste of resources
 (tempted to file another bugreport for it ...)

 This has been done by editing the file
 /opt/Qtopia/etc/default/Trolltech/Storage.conf

 Unfortunately, this file (and the others ...) gets ovewritten on qtopia-
 phone-x11 update, loosing valuable changes.

 I do not know if it is a bug within the qtopia-phone-x11 package or a
 shortcoming of opkg, since I am not familiar with this packaging system,
 however in either case, the current behaviour is really nasty ...

--
Ticket URL: <https://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/2067>
docs.openmoko.org <http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/>