Problem in building image using moko makefile

saurabh gupta saurabhgupta1403 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 20:58:36 CEST 2008

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 10:53 PM, Holger Freyther <zecke at openmoko.org>wrote:

> On Sunday 28 September 2008 14:19:33 saurabh gupta wrote:
>
> > > You interrupted (or your machine crashed) previous fetch operations.
> The
> > > output of the svn command is helpful and tells you what to do, git is
> not
> > > as
> > > helpful and deserves a removal of the source dir.
> >
> > So, Exactly, can you please direct as what should I do now? Which
> directory
> > I need to remove to get a successful build?
>
> bitbake -cclean e-wm linux-openmoko (to remove the do_fetch stamps)
>
> and then remove the source directory and the tarball. It could look like
> the
> below or might have a different name/dir.
>
> rm -rf tmp/downloads/git/git.openmoko.org.linux*
> rm -rf tmp/downloads/git_git.openmoko.org.linux*
> rm -rf tmp/downloads/svn/svn.e....org/...
> rm -rf tmp/downloads/svn_...enligh*

I removed these packages and then run "make image". The setup downloaded
these packages and then installed but the build failed in the end with the
following error:

[snip]

| Configuring task-base-wifi
| Configuring task-boot
| Configuring task-distro-base
| Configuring task-machine-base
| Configuring task-openmoko-linux
| Configuring tinylogin
| Configuring tslib-conf
| Configuring udev
| (offline root mode: not running udev.postinst)
| Configuring update-alternatives-cworth
| Configuring update-modules
| (offline root mode: not running update-modules.postinst)
| Configuring update-rc.d
| Configuring usb-gadget-mode
| (offline root mode: not running usb-gadget-mode.postinst)
| Configuring usbutils
| Configuring util-linux-mount
| (offline root mode: not running util-linux-mount.postinst)
| Configuring util-linux-umount
| (offline root mode: not running util-linux-umount.postinst)
| Configuring wireless-tools
| (offline root mode: not running wireless-tools.postinst)
| Configuring wpa-supplicant
| Configuring wpa-supplicant-passphrase
| Collected errors:
|  * ERROR: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for
task-openmoko-qtopia-x11:
|      *  libdbus-1-3 (>= 1.2.1) *  libglib-2.0-0 (>= 2.16.4) *
|  * ERROR: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for task-openmoko-asu:
|      *  libfreetype6 (>= 2.3.6) *
NOTE: Task failed:
/home/saurabhg/moko/build/tmp/work/om-gta02-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/openmoko-asu-image-1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.7660
NOTE: package openmoko-asu-image-1.0-r0: task do_rootfs: failed
ERROR: TaskFailed event exception, aborting
NOTE: package openmoko-asu-image-1.0: failed
ERROR: Build of /home/saurabhg/moko/openembedded/packages/images/
openmoko-asu-image.bb do_rootfs failed
ERROR: Task 10 (/home/saurabhg/moko/openembedded/packages/images/
openmoko-asu-image.bb, do_rootfs) failed
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 4702 tasks of which 4673 didn't need to be
rerun and 1 failed.
ERROR: '/home/saurabhg/moko/openembedded/packages/images/
openmoko-asu-image.bb' failed
NOTE: build 200810100020: completed
make: *** [openmoko-asu-image] Error 1

The libdbus-1-3, libglib2.0-0 and libfreetype6 are in the latest version on
my ubuntu. Any suggestion for fixing this error.