Weekly Engineering News 39 & 40/2008

thomasg thomas at gstaedtner.net
Sat Oct 11 22:01:27 CEST 2008

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 3:19 AM, "Marco Trevisan (Treviño)"
<mail at 3v1n0.net>wrote:

> Holger Freyther ha scritto:
> easier

> upon
> >> I knew something about this, but which will be the phone and PIM stack?
> >
> > I don't know. FSO is primarily API and it comes with a nice sample
> > implementation. So there would be nothing to prevent a Qtopia
> implementation
> > of this API.
> >
> > Possible scenariois:
> >
> > 1.)
> >       - Paroli comes and we just provide a way to migrate Qtopia data to
> FSO
> > (addressbook, messages)
>
> I'm for this one! :)

Me too.

> > I would say be prepared to replace the Qtopia usage with FSO. So have
> proper
> > abstractions where Qtopia is used so you can switch that to FSO.
>
> I do agree... But as said it's very important to provide a compatible
> PIM stack (migrating is good but not the best if people would like to
> have a dual-boot [multi-boot] keeping its data - I'm doing this actually
> between Qtopia and Om2008, and losing it would be bad).

Compatibility makes only sense if the other solution is good and doesn't
limit.
Don't know about the Qtopia PIM stack, so I can't say if it makes sense or
not.

Btw.: there also was the PIM project in GSoC. I'm sure there will be some
results published soon.