Weekly Engineering News 39 & 40/2008

"Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" mail at 3v1n0.net
Sun Oct 12 22:40:05 CEST 2008

thomasg wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 3:19 AM, "Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" wrote:
>> I do agree... But as said it's very important to provide a compatible
>> PIM stack (migrating is good but not the best if people would like to
>> have a dual-boot [multi-boot] keeping its data - I'm doing this actually
>> between Qtopia and Om2008, and losing it would be bad).
>
> Compatibility makes only sense if the other solution is good and doesn't
> limit.
> Don't know about the Qtopia PIM stack, so I can't say if it makes sense
> or not.

Well, from what I've seen it's pretty good... It mostly uses a sqlite
database to store the informations so it should be easily accessible
also from other softwares.
I know that creating new stacks is easier to do, but not breaking the
compatibility would be a good thing.

> Btw.: there also was the PIM project in GSoC. I'm sure there will be
> some results published soon.

I'm waiting this too...

--
Treviño's World - Life and Linux