Debugging WiFi problems

Phil phil at pricom.com.au
Tue Oct 14 14:23:50 CEST 2008

People,

I have been looking at the various distributions but have pretty much
settled on FDOM for the convenience and extra apps but I have problems
with WiFi:

- The FR is about 1 metre from the AP, not being actively used while
testing WiFi

- I run "ifup eth0" on the FR

- It maintains a connection to the wireless router for some minutes up
to a maximum of about 5 hours (from output from running a script on the
FR pinging the router a couple of times every couple of minutes)

- After the networking fails, nothing I have tried (short of a reboot)
enables a reconnection

What can I do to debug the problem?

Thanks,

Phil.