Compile kernel and #1841

Niklas Johansson raphexion at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 18:48:37 CEST 2008

Hey guys,

I suffering from the #1841 WSOD bug so therefor I would like to play
with the kernel.

I was trying to compile the kernel but I can't get it to compile.

STEP
git clone git://git.openmoko.org/git/kernel.git linux-2.6
cd linux-2.6
git checkout origin/andy

make oldconfig defconfig-gta02
< select all the default settings, since I am a newb>

make
  CC      kernel/panic.o
  CC      kernel/printk.o
kernel/printk.c:39:38: error: asm/plat-s3c24xx/neo1973.h: No such file
or directory
kernel/printk.c:40:28: error: asm/arch/gta02.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [kernel/printk.o] Error 1
make: *** [kernel] Error 2

I think the problem for me is that I don't know how to select the
right architecture. Is there anyone that could help me or make give me
a .config file that works.

Sorry for this newb question but I didn't get any replies on the irc channels.