Building fso from openembedded.org - time and disk space

Leonti Bielski prishelec at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 21:37:06 CEST 2008

Hello!
I'm trying to build FSO, using this tutorial:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Building_FSO
and this:
http://wiki.openembedded.net/index.php/Getting_Started

I made git clone, downloaded bitbake, configured it and run 'bitbake
fso-image'
It started downloading some packages, build it, so it seems to be working.

Bitbake says it has to run 4232 tasks. And it's running for 9 hours (I have
a decent 64-bit CPU) by now and has done only 1250 of them. It has eaten
around 6 GB of my disk space.
Is it normal? How long does it take to build FSO from scratch? How much
space do I have to free before I go to bed?I have only 8 GB left.
On Openembedded wiki I've read that It takes around 4 GB to build Opie. Is
FSO so different?

Leonti