Building fso from openembedded.org - time and disk space

Visti Andresen talpa at talpa.dk
Sat Oct 18 21:59:27 CEST 2008

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 21:37:06 +0200
"Leonti Bielski" <prishelec at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello!
> I'm trying to build FSO, using this tutorial:
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Building_FSO
> and this:
> http://wiki.openembedded.net/index.php/Getting_Started
>
> I made git clone, downloaded bitbake, configured it and run 'bitbake
> fso-image'
> It started downloading some packages, build it, so it seems to be
> working.
>
> Bitbake says it has to run 4232 tasks. And it's running for 9 hours
> (I have a decent 64-bit CPU) by now and has done only 1250 of them.
> It has eaten around 6 GB of my disk space.
> Is it normal? How long does it take to build FSO from scratch? How
> much space do I have to free before I go to bed?I have only 8 GB left.
> On Openembedded wiki I've read that It takes around 4 GB to build
> Opie. Is FSO so different?
>
> Leonti

It's some time ago that I have tried to compile a complete image, but
without INHERIT += "rm_work" the build is huge.

And on a dual core system with BB_NUMBER_THREADS = "4" it still took
ages...

http://wiki.openembedded.net/index.php/AdvancedConfiguration

Hope that some of this information may be helpful....

--
Visti Andresen