When http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/unstable/sources/ is updated

Rod Whitby rod at whitby.id.au
Mon Oct 20 12:23:05 CEST 2008

Leonti Bielski wrote:
> Hello!
> I'm trying to build FSO for a couple of days by now with bitbake.
> Now I'm stack on the freesmartphone.org <http://freesmartphone.org> stuff.
> bitbake first tries to donwload sources from
> ttp://www.angstrom-distribution.org/unstable/sources/
> <http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/unstable/sources/> with no luck,
> then it goes to http://downloads.openmoko.org/sources/ with no luck
> and finally it tries to download sources from git repository. And here
> is the problem - I don't have access to git due to my proxy limitations.
>
> So, how often is souces from git is updated to andgstrom-distribution or
> on openmoko.org <http://openmoko.org>?
> Do I get the idea right? I mean if those packages from git on
> angstrom-distribution were more recent bitbake wouldn't have ho todnload
> them from git repository (because git for me is a dead end :( )?

Note that all sources (including tarballs of git checkouts) used to
build the binaries on downloads.freesmartphone.org are available in the
sources directory, as described at http://downloads.freesmartphone.org ...

This must be true of any autobuilder that deals with GPL'd code - either
the sources are available for every single package built, or a written
offer valid for three years to provide such sources accompanies the
binaries.

-- Rod