Calypso dance (GSM)

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Wed Oct 22 16:29:10 CEST 2008

Alastair Johnson wrote:
> Can you tell us how, or even if, such GSM firmware fixes would be made
> available to existing GTA01 and GTA02 owners?

I can't really comment on the policy side of this, but here's what I
know from the technical side:

- the firmware can be upgraded in the field (provided that you have a
  new firmware image and the right tools)

- we have a utility called FLUID that runs on the Neo and that can
  perform the firmware upgrade on GTA02 [1] and GTA01 [2]

- I've been told that we probably can redistribute FLUID (in some
  form - almost certainly as a binary, not as source)

[1] http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/openmoko-devel/2008-April/002605.html
[2] http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/openmoko-devel/2008-April/002618.html

- Werner