Is Python really a good choice for mobile device?

Leonti Bielski prishelec at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 00:50:08 CEST 2008

Hello!
I'm going to start developing for Openmoko, but there is one question that
is bothering me for quite a log time - is Python really good choice for
mobile device?

Python has to load an instance of python for every script. What about
starting time of an application and memory consumption?
Is speed an issue for Python programs on Openmoko?

I'm especially interested in this question after I had used Dillo browser.
Any other even smallest application on OM is slower than entire browser. Why
is it so? Is it use of C or FLTK?

Please don't get me wrong - I love Python, and try to use it a lot on my
host comp, but there CPU and memory i not an issue.
Leonti