Calypso dance (GSM)

"Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" mail at 3v1n0.net
Fri Oct 24 15:41:29 CEST 2008

Werner Almesberger wrote:
> Alastair Johnson wrote:
>> Can you tell us how, or even if, such GSM firmware fixes would be made
>> available to existing GTA01 and GTA02 owners?
>
> I can't really comment on the policy side of this, but here's what I
> know from the technical side:
>
> - the firmware can be upgraded in the field (provided that you have a
>   new firmware image and the right tools)
>
> - we have a utility called FLUID that runs on the Neo and that can
>   perform the firmware upgrade on GTA02 [1] and GTA01 [2]
>
> - I've been told that we probably can redistribute FLUID (in some
>   form - almost certainly as a binary, not as source)

Oh, good! I hope that if you get some fixed firmware images we could
accept to get it upgraded also with a binary FLUID that push in the
phone a binary blob :|.

I know this is not an Om fault and personally I can accept to have
"very-low-level" softwares closed (in fact I've a GTA02 ;)).

--
Treviño's World - Life and Linux
http://www.3v1n0.net/