experimental fastboot images

Adrian-Ken Rueegsegger ken at gmx.ch
Fri Oct 31 19:08:47 CET 2008

Hi,

Chia-I Wu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was playing with initscripts for the last two weeks.  By removing
> non-critical scripts/services and modifying the remaining ones, I was
> able to boot into illume within ~50s since power up.

That's good news. It's about the same I got with my own tweaks on a
minimal illume-image.

> The kernel image and rootfs image are available at
>
> http://people.openmoko.org/olv/tmp/fastboot/

I noticed patch 0004-fastboot-udev-static-only.patch. Is there a
specific reason to used udev-118 instead of udev-124? I have used
udev-124 and didn't notice any issues so far. 124 uses the same method
(untar'ring /dev) that you implemented in your patch and thus saves
quite some boottime compared to udev-118.

Regards,
Adrian