AUX/Power Button are malfunctioning on 2008.9 + updates from testing

Yaroslav Halchenko site-openmoko.org at onerussian.com
Tue Sep 2 07:27:38 CEST 2008

yes -- I don't give up... last attempt before bug report, and please
pardon my ignorance in dbus

so, in /tmp/x.log I have

DB INIT DEV+: /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/platform_neo1973_button_0_logicaldev_input

and it also tells me how to get connected to dbus session:
D-BUS per-session daemon address is: unix:abstract=/tmp/dbus-qpRQ12MM0k,guid=4bc5f05e1abe2adfda76026e48bcc784

so I do

 export DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS=unix:abstract=/tmp/dbus-qpRQ12MM0k,guid=4bc5f05e1abe2adfda76026e48bcc784

and listening to it with
dbus-monitor --session

I see no messages there about buttons... should I? (although I see
them if I attach with --system, I am not sure if they should also appear
in output from session). So is enlightment supposed to listen on
a system bus to receive those messages from hal, since it requested
before according to the log at least... how to check things here?

or should be there some services registered under
/usr/share/dbus-1/services
for those lock and suspend (I think now since lock is illume's module,
but I guess I will craft one service for now for my suspend need ;-))

could anyone do smth similar just to confirm if I am at least heading
the right direction?

--
                                  .-.
                   Linux User    ^^-^^    [175555]