org.openmoko.asu.dev to be closed

Holger Freyther zecke at openmoko.org
Wed Sep 3 23:31:17 CEST 2008

Hey Guys,

Graeme finally merged org.openmoko.asu.dev and it is time to let the Om2008.8
development die. I'm going to create a history tag for org.openmoko.asu.dev
(so the refs stay around) and then will remove the branch as it has served
well.

Om2008.9 will be released from org.openmoko.asu.stable and is to be seen as a
stabilisation of Om2008.8 with no new big features. The workflow should be we
cherry-pick changes from org.openmoko.dev to org.openmoko.asu.testing, let
the dust settle and move it to org.openmoko.asu.stable. Or we decide to put
stuff into org.openmoko.asu.stable. But as such all _development_ is going to
happen in org.openmoko.dev.

Om2008.9+x (10?) is hopefully released from something branched off
org.openmoko.dev, will hopefully have FSO milestone3 (no idea when it is due)
and the bare image so people are able to pick what they want. There are no
milestones and no release plan yet.

z.