memory usage/leaks ?

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at rasterman.com
Sat Sep 6 01:43:33 CEST 2008

On Fri, 5 Sep 2008 22:44:17 +0200 Holger Freyther <zecke at openmoko.org> babbled:

> > > gsmget is dead (not leaked to death though). With todays mornings merge
> > > to asu.stable illume/e-wm will use dbus directly to get the information.
> > > So keep an eye on the e process if it is leaking mem now.
> >
> > good to know, thanks! and yes, you're right:
> >
> > now it's enlightment which got so big that a fork/clone of enlightment
> > fails, so I can't start any new apps from e.
>
> I upgraded efl and illume to r35818. I don't see any regressions (yet) and it
> might have fixed some issues. I suspect some bad ref counting of dbus
> messages to be the trouble maker...
>
> let us see if the upgrade makes a difference

i've had e running for 24hrs - same rev as above:

 1434 root      20   0 15980 7520 4776 S  0.0  6.1   1:29.26 enlightenment

so all of 2.7mb of ram for e (i'm not including shared pages which are
executable pages, shared libs and mmap()ed files). which.. in the scheme of
things... is really not much (considering how much e does)! :) i agree with
holger - it was some dbus message reference leak in the gsm fetching -
probably a result of merging the patches for fso support. i went over that code
the other day and fixed a bunch of issues.

The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    raster at rasterman.com