Testing repository and Openmoko-base-image

Holger Freyther zecke at openmoko.org
Sun Sep 7 15:20:09 CEST 2008

On Sunday 07 September 2008 13:54:47 Rod Whitby wrote:

> This configuration not only fails to build, but fails to even parse:
> > ERROR: '['/home/moko/openembedded/packages/dbus/dbus-native_1.2.1.bb']'
> > RDEPENDS/RRECOMMENDS or otherwise requires the runtime entity
> > 'dbus-native-x11' but it wasn't found in any PACKAGE or RPROVIDES
> > variables NOTE: Runtime target 'dbus-native-x11' is unbuildable,
> > removing... Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was:
> > ['dbus-native-x11'] NOTE: Runtime target 'om-settings' is unbuildable,
> > removing...
> > Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['om-settings',
> > 'python-edbus', 'python-dbus', 'dbus-glib', 'dbus-glib-native',
> > 'dbus-native', 'dbus-native-x11'] NOTE: Runtime target
> > 'task-openmoko-basic' is unbuildable, removing... Missing or unbuildable
> > dependency chain was: ['task-openmoko-basic', 'om-settings',
> > 'python-edbus', 'python-dbus', 'dbus-glib', 'dbus-glib-native',
> > 'dbus-native', 'dbus-native-x11'] ERROR: Required build target
> > 'openmoko-base-image' has no buildable providers. Missing or unbuildable
> > dependency chain was: ['openmoko-base-image', 'task-openmoko-basic',
> > 'om-settings', 'python-edbus', 'python-dbus', 'dbus-glib',
> > 'dbus-glib-native', 'dbus-native', 'dbus-native-x11'] make: ***
> > [openmoko-base-image] Error 1

Yup, I get the same with org.openmoko.dev, OE had the same issue this weekend
and I wait for Graeme to merge org.openembedded.dev on monday to get this
resolved. Understandable some people don't work on the weekend and it is
something I should consider too. :)

> I then tried:
>
> 7) MACHINE = om-gta02
>
> This configuration also fails to parse with the same error.
>
> I then tried:
>
> 3) Git branch = org.openmoko.asu.stable
> 8) Image = openmoko-asu-image
>
> This configuration actually starts to build, but spits out the following

... put under the carpet.

> Even if this build completes, it won't match the configuration for the
> openmoko-base-image that you stated in your last email, so it won't be
> much use to anyone going forward.

Yes, this is the configuration that generates the Om2008.8 updates, will
likely be tagged as Om2008.9 and that our QA team is testing.

z.