om-locations (tangoGPS?) dbus routes

Simon Kagstrom simon.kagstrom at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 20:15:17 CEST 2008

Hi!

First a general question: Where can I find the dbus API for
om-locations/diversity-nav?

Then a request. I've tried to browse the source code to understand what
is exported, and one thing I'd like which I don't *think* is available
is the ability to record paths, i.e., something like

   org.openmoko.Diversity.Path

   methods:

   NewPath -> object handle

   StartRecording(obj)
   StopRecording(obj)

   AddSymbol(obj, sym) -> Add a symbol (small icon, png) to the path
                          (current location)
   AddNote(obj, text) -> Add text to the path (current location)

   Display(obj) -> Display the path on the map

The usage pattern I'm after is for external programs that also use the
GPS to be able to record paths and add interesting tags and notes to
them.

// Simon