Capacitive touchscreen for future versions?

Wolfgang Draxinger wolfgang.draxinger at draxit.de
Tue Sep 16 12:51:01 CEST 2008

Am Montag, 15. September 2008 schrieb Simon Kagstrom:
> Hi!
>
> After playing with the freerunner for a month now, hardware-wise
> there is only one thing which I *really* wish it had: A capacitive
> touchscreen (like the apple iphone). I dislike having to carry
> around a stylus and find pressing the screen to use finger input
> difficult. Maybe I'm just clumsy, but I had no problems using the
> iphone for input.

My wish, too.

> So I'd hereby like to add this to my wishlist for future Openmokos:
> A capacitive touchscreen. Would this be in the (secret?) plans for
> future devices? After all, isn't it basically just a transparent
> touchpad?

That depends on the technology. There are also capacitive positional
touchsensors, that are mounted _behind_ the display active element.

Personally I favour the technology of Wacom which is also multitouch
capable _and_ supports their pressure sensitive styluses.

http://www.wacom-components.com/english/technology/touch.html

--
DraxIT - IT Dienstleistungen
Inhaber: Wolfgang Draxinger