Capacitive touchscreen for future versions?

Simon Kagstrom simon.kagstrom at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 18:16:05 CEST 2008

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 17:00:37 +0200
"Alexey Feldgendler" <alexey at feldgendler.ru> wrote:

> The problem with capacitive touch screens is that you're bound to use
> a finger with it, so that you can't use a stylus (or even a
> fingernail) for precision input. The touch screen of iPhone is
> fine for scrolling and pinch-zooming, but I find it harder to
> type on the screen keyboard when you have to press your finger
> against letters, covering them in the process, especially if you have
> large fingers.

Well, I believe this is mostly a problem with the iphone keyboard, not
the touchscreen as such. Raster's predictive keyboard would work much
better for that kind of input regardless of the touchscreen type I'd
say.

Anyway, my main point is this: 90% of the time I'm using my phone I'd
like to use plain finger input. I carry my fingers around all the
time. :-)

There are "Iphone styluses" by the way, so I don't think precision
drawing need to be such a big problem on a capacitive
freerunner:

  http://macenstein.com/default/archives/1594

// Simon