[2008.8] TangoGPS/gpsd and suspend/resume

Radek Bartoň blackhex at post.cz
Tue Sep 16 22:13:03 CEST 2008

Dne Tuesday 16 of September 2008 18:47:18 Matt Brown napsal(a):
> On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 11:39 PM, Al Johnson <
>
> > It's in ogpsd in the latest FSO milestone release according to:
> >
> > http://wiki.openmoko.org/index.php?title=OpenmokoFramework/Status_Update_
> >4
>
> And working great, I haven't done any proper timings, but it gets a
> fix after walking outside each morning (after being powered off
> overnight) "quickly", usually within about 30 seconds. Quick enough
> that by the time you've taken a few steps and pulled out the phone it
> is reporting data.
>
> Still lots of glitches and bugs in the zhone and tangogps interfaces,
> but the basic GPS save/restore almanac/ephemeris data seems to be
> working OK.

Are you talking about FSO milestone 3 image?

Sorry for silly question, I don't know much about FSO/2008.8 backends:

I'm wondering if it is somehow possible (easy enough) to cut out ogpsd from
frameworkd or use entire frameworkd in 2008.8 (without collision with present
daemons like gpsd)?

--
Ing. Radek Bartoň

Faculty of Information Technology
Department of Computer Graphics and Multimedia
Brno University of Technology

E-mail: blackhex at post.cz
Web: http://blackhex.no-ip.org
Jabber: blackhex at jabber.cz