New Meta-toolchain

John Lee john_lee at openmoko.com
Wed Sep 17 12:35:51 CEST 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 09:26:17AM +0100, Andy Green wrote:

> | For example, the pkgconfig that comes with the toolchain is in fact
> | pkgconfig-sdk.  Following this pattern, it seems we need edje-sdk for
> | i686 and x86_64.
>
> I think Julian made great progress here, this is a tricky one though if
> a package has a host executable footprint.
>
> Another way to come at it is to not address it inside OE.  For example,
> I only really want RPM packages installed on this box for actual host
> purposes, not an additional hidden system over the special target opkg
> stuff that only exists down its root path.

Actually I perfer to solve this outside of OE as well.  I said it can
be solved manually on host distro or in OE, and I was just describing
what should be done if we choose the latter.

Personally I think edje_* are no different with stuffs like gzip,
which should not be provided by the toolchain.

Regards,
John